Blu ray Error" Device error code 3

I was try to burn blu ray discs using Encore CC and I have the message of error, the complete message is the next:

Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"

Note: CreateStcSequence: Fail to write M2S file 

Then I try to find the answer with the hardware manufacturer LG and the answer was these problem is not cause for the hardware the problem if from Microsoft,  I contact Microsoft to ask the solution and they send me a couple options to resolve the problems and nothing did work.

I using LG WH16NS40 M Disc BD Rewrite burner

My videos are a total of 10 GB and the Blu ray disc are 25 GB, my project is to burn 40 DVD and 20 Blu-ray discs of the same videos the resolution of the videos are 1920 x 1080 I start burning the Blu ray and I get these error message, I discard about 8 disc try to burning, then I try to burn the project in DVD and it works I burn the 40 DVD with not problem, all the DVD/BLU RAY PROJECT is with Adobe Encore CC last version on 2016.

After finish burning the DVD discs I need to start with the Blu-ray, today is Saturday and I need to finish for Monday, my client is coming to pick up, all the Saturday I looking in the internet to try to solve the problem before waste more disc, because are expensive.

I saw some from LG and I try to fix and nothing happen, also some answers in Microsoft and in adobe Encore but nothing have the answer and resolve the problem I still have the same problem , and I waste two more discs. I see all the post are from 2012, 2013 and from about 3 years Microsoft, adobe Encore or some trade marks on the burner like LG don't have the answers to these question?

I was so tired to find the answer in one day, then I open my folder in my computer and I saw the burner icon and because I leave a bluray disc in the burner, it say "drag the data" and I did with Microsoft and dragging and burn it works I burn 2 different videos and it works, the questions is the problem is in Encore?

Please I someone have the question let me know I don't have time to resolve these, or I going to lost my client 

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

A Google search on that error returns results about similar problems:

I don't know anything about burning Blue-ray or Encore CC but I can relates some things that other people used to get things working when they encountered that error.

What version of Encore CC are you using and has it ever worked properly?

If it used to work properly did you start having problems after upgrading Encore?

Lots of folks report that problem with Encore CC version 6 but it works fine when they go back to version 5 so if that is an option consider it (what version are you using).

Other folks report success with another program called ImgBurn.  ImgBurn is free.  I like to use ImgBurn for burning ISOs (it is just a few clicks) and don't have anyway to test using Blue-ray but it might be just what you need.

Here is the link for ImgBurn:

http://www.imgburn.com/

From what I read it doesn't sound like a Windows problem - it reads more like an Adobe problem and lots of folks report the problem and they end up trying lots of things which sometimes work, most of the time don't work and they either go back to version 5 or use ImgBurn.

You can do the Google search yourself and read through the results and hopefully come up with a solution and when you do figure it out, hopefully you will come back and report what you did to get it working:

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Blu ray Error: "device error", Code "3"
Note: CreateStcSequence: Fail can not open

I was not able to burn BD, folder and image file.
After two days of fighting, reinstalling Encore recreating new files nothing help.

This how I got worked!
Click with right mouse on Encore, properties, compatibility select "Compatibility mode" Run this program in compatibility mode for: windows 7

I hope it will work for you!

67 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message
"Blue-ray Error device not  ready Code 3 note AS storage error -97060" message.

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 12, 2021 Views 3,354 Applies to: