Album art size - Windows Media Player 12

Reposting this, in the hope that someone (obviously not MS, who clearly couldn't give a damn) has an idea how to fix this

I've seen dozens of threads around teh intarnetz regarding the issue of tiny album art in Windows Media Player 12, but not found a definitive 'Yes' or 'No' to the question of whether you can get anything bigger than the pathetic 240x240 resized picture to display when you're playing a track. Is this possible? If I play tracks in Foobar or MediaMonkey (both programs which I hate, BTW) I can get the album art to display 'properly' (i.e. the actual size of the image) but cannot find how to do it in WMP12

PS: Mods - do NOT mark this question as 'answered' after some first-line muppet reads it and posts a completely unrelated 'answer' to it. Also, do not rename the question as 'how to get album art to display larger than 240x240 - I don't want it 'larger than 240x240' - I want it displayed THE ACTUAL SIZE OF THE ARTWORK - just like WMP always used to do. I thank you.

|
Answer
Answer

----UPDATE----

It seems like in Win 8/8.1/10, few of the suggested registry entries might not exist. It is safe to create those and the functionality will work as desired. Please create them as proposed in the solution below. I myself am on Win10 laptop and the WMP12 did not have those registry entries. Post creating those, everything is working as expected.

Enjoy!

-----------------

Finally the problem of albumart has been resolved by ME

Take a backup before doing the prescribed steps because messing up with registry can lead to a DEAD computer.

(To take backup just click on COMPUTER under regedit.exe and then file->export->"desired filename" (might take a few minutes)

1) Go to the registry path : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences

2) then find the key with name "PlayerModeAlbumArtSelected" and set its "Value Data" as "0" (without qoutes)

3) then find the key with name "ShowAlbumArt" and set its "Value Data" as "1" (without qoutes)

Now the Wimdows Media Player 12 will display the original AlbumArt which you set in the song.

Enjoy!!

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

----UPDATE----

It seems like in Win 8/8.1/10, few of the suggested registry entries might not exist. It is safe to create those and the functionality will work as desired. Please create them as proposed in the solution below. I myself am on Win10 laptop and the WMP12 did not have those registry entries. Post creating those, everything is working as expected.

Enjoy!

-----------------

I found a solution for the windows-7 32-bit version wmp12 album art problem also (since the above one given by me holds good only for Windows-7 64-bi wmp12),

Here it is:

Take a backup before doing the prescribed steps because messing up with registry can lead to a DEAD computer.

(To take backup just click on COMPUTER under regedit.exe and then file->export->"desired filename" (might take a few minutes)

1) Go to the registry path : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences

2) then Create a key with name "PlayerModeAlbumArtSelected" and set its "Value Data" as "0" (without qoutes) (for creating, new key,right-click anywhere inside the window and select "new->DWORD (32-bit) Value")

3) then find the key with name "ShowAlbumArt" and set its "Value Data" as "1" (without qoutes)

Now the Windows Media Player 12 will display the original AlbumArt which you had set in the song.

Enjoy!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 12, 2020 Views 23,972 Applies to: