Different colors appear in pictures in Windows Photo Viewer and Internet Explorer

Seems like pictures are being color managed properly in Windows Photo Viewer (as well as Photoshop and Firefox) but not in Internet Explorer, ACDSee (ver. 10), or Google Chrome. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Same applications running on my laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit) are exhibiting no such problems.

I upgraded to the latest ATI video drivers (I have an HD4650) and monitor driver. No luck.

The default color management scheme is the same in the laptop and desktop (I left the windows default which is sRGB IEC61966-2.1).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated October 2, 2018 Views 2,390 Applies to:
Answer
If the same pics in the desktop are exhibiting different behaviour on the laptop, there should be some reason behind it.

Are the hardware specs of the laptop and desktop the same?

Calibrate your display and verify if there's any change then.. Is there??

And since you've mentioned that the pics aren't managed properly only on IE, Chrome and ACDSee, have you tried uninstalling the apps and re-installing the same again?

Uninstall the apps and re-install them in ADMINISTRATOR mode (right-click the installation file > Run as administrator)

Does this make any difference?

Do you see any CONSIDERABLE difference/change in the colour management between laptop and desktop? Is it real bad?

If it's real bad, you could create a new user account and confirm if the difference in the colour mgmt. changes in the new user account.

Cheers!

'Tis all a chequer board of nights and days,
Where destiny with men for pieces plays;
Hither and thither, and mates, and slays.

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?! Life sucks! Get used to it!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.