Music for Slideshow on DVD Maker

I am making a Video/Picture DVD using Windows DVD maker.  I am trying to add music to the slideshow part of the DVD.  When I go to add music it brings me to my Music library, then i click that and it brings me to iTunes, then I click that and it shows all the albums in my library but when I click on an album to finally get to the song it says the folder is empty.  When I look it up on my computer it is there.  i am assuming I need to change the file type or something but I am not too computer savy.  Please help ASAP.  Need this for a birthday present for tomorrow (1/15/10).  Thanks!!

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2018 Views 1,289 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Gibbi Jane,

This is mainly an issue with File association type for the music files that you are trying to add to the slide show, these are the
supported file formats for Windows Movie Maker.
Video files: .asf, .avi, .dvr-ms, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv

Audio files: .aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma

Picture files: .bmp, .dib, .emf, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, and .wmf

If the music files in iTunes are using a different file format then it would not be supported by Windows DVD maker.

You may also drag and drop the music file to DVD maker and check.

You may try checking slideshow by adding the supported file format and try playing it.

Thanks and Regards:
Swathi B - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.