No TV Tuner Found

I have a new computer running Windows 7.  My video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5.

I neglected to order a TV tuner when I placed the order for the computer, consequently, I've puchased a tv tuner - ATI TV Wonder HD 650 PCI Digital & Analog TV Tuner.  The bad news is the TV Tuner is for Windows Vista.

I've downloaded from ATI a driver but I am still unable to get the TV to work in my computer.  The computer is unable to find the necessary tuner(s).

Any Suggestions ?

Thnx for the input.  I've got the problem fixed.  I gave up and removed the tuner card from the computer, re-plugged in everything to the computer and when I turned it on, it showed "tuner driver installed successfully".  So, I put the tuner back in and everything is working fine now.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 568 Applies to:
Answer

From a quick check on the web, there seems to be plenty of folks using those card in Windows 7 (even without specific drivers).

What OS do you have 32 or 64 bit?

Did you first try letting Windows install drivers or did you run the ATI stuff first?

You might try uninstalling any ATI software for the card (and any ATI TV application), removing (through Device Manager) the card completely, reboot, and see if Windows will install the card.

James Wolf MS-MVP [Media Center]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.