Import box will not close

About a month ago I started having a random issue with the "import pictures and video" box.  The computer completes the import of pictures and video from my digital camera, a noise tells me it is done, but the box remains on the screen.  I click on "cancel" and then "yes" when it asks if I want to cancel importing.  Yet the box still remains.  It remains even if I disconnect the cord to my camera.  I have to end the program using the task manager.  I am doing nothing differently to have caused this problem...I import pictures about 4 times a week.  Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2018 Views 2,272 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Seal Beach Mama,

What edition\version of Windows are you running on the computer?

“Import pictures and video box” that you are referring to is that the option available in “auto play” feature in Windows or the option available in Windows (live) photo gallery

You mentioned it happens randomly, Import pictures and video dialogue box will automatically stops after importing the photos you have selected, if that is not happening may be some of your  pictures are damaged or corrupted and the importing process is not getting completed.

You may try to change import pictures settings and then test

Change settings for importing pictures and videos

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-settings-for-importing-pictures-and-videos

Thanks and Regards:

Ajay K

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.