Keep getting "low memory" error message when I try to utilize Windows Media Player"

Whenever I receive an email attachment that requires Windows Media Player to view it,Iget an error message that states that my computer is running low on memory-which cannot be the case as I have very little stored on my computer-and nothing will play.Microsoft says there is no information available on this message.I cannot seem to be connected to the internet and the Media Player at the same time.Help!I am a senior who is fairly new to computers.

Question Info

Last updated June 25, 2018 Views 2,899 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Peesmom63,

a. What’s the exact error message you receive?

b. Do you receive any error code along with the error message?

c. Do you get the error message when trying to play from a CD/DVD or playing the content saved on the hard disk?

d. What's the email client you're using, if any?

First, let’s run the Windows Media Player (WMP) troubleshooter and check if that detects and fixes the issue. The troubleshooter makes sure Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Refer the following Microsoft article for more information on running WMP troubleshooter:

Open the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Media-Player-Settings-troubleshooter

Additionally, you may put your computer in clean boot state and check if any third-party software is causing the issue.

Putting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. If yes, you may have to contact the program manufacturer for any updates or uninstall and re-install the program.

Refer the following Microsoft KB article for more information on how to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to put the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

Hope this information helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.