Question

Q: Unable to view photo attachments to an outgoing email BEFORE sending. Error:There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\Window Photo Gallery\PhotoViewer.dll. The specified module could not be found This thread is locked from future replies

Original title:Unable to view attachments to an outgoing email BEFORE sending.

I like to check that the correct photo attachment is on an out-going email, but I keep receiving the following message: "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\Window Photo Gallery\PhotoViewer.dll. The specified module could not be found." This has been going on since I converted to my current OPS system (Windows 7) from Vista. I use Outlook 2003 to access my Gmail. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a resolution?

Thank you.

Answer

A:

Hi,

1. If you upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and Windows Photo Gallery was the default program used to open pictures, you might get the same error when you right-click a photo and click Edit.

You can work around this issue by following these steps:
    a. Open the Pictures library by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Pictures. 
    b. Click the picture you want to edit.
    c. On the toolbar, click the down arrow next to Preview, and then click Choose default program.
    d. In the Open with dialog box, click a photo editing program.
    e. Select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box, and then click OK.

Note:
    If you don’t have another photo editing or graphics program installed, you can use Paint, which is included with Windows.

Refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-cant-I-right-click-a-picture-to-edit

2. Since windows 7 doesn’t have windows photo gallery you may use windows live photo gallery and check for the issue.
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-photo-gallery

Thanks and Regards
Umesh P - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 789 Last updated: March 15, 2018 Applies to: