Unknown Windows DVD Maker error message

Here is a frustrating problem I am having with Windows DVD Maker that no one can seem to explain. I have a new computer, less than a month old, running Windows 7. I have been trying to burn some home movie clips on to DVDs for various friends and family. I completed 3 or 4 DVDs successfully. All of a sudden, during the burning process, I get to a point about 0.3 to 0.4 percent encoded when I get an error message that the DVD cannot be made due to an unspecified error. Every fresh, new, out of the package disk I try to use ends up with the same message. The clips haven't changed, the filters haven't changed, the settings haven't changed, I've just done a few succesfully with no problem, now all of a sudden it can't burn any more discs. What happened?  What do I need to do to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated September 29, 2018 Views 7,488 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

Follow these below steps and check if the issue gets resolved.

Method 1:

Try increasing your RAm capacity on your computer and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 2:

You may follow this below forum link.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7music/thread/45baa19b-642a-43a8-a1b3-f8918f353192

Method 3:

This issue (and others) might be a caused by a video filter that the file might be using. To work around this issue, you can try to turn off one or more video filters in Windows DVD Maker. For more information about video filters and turning them on or off in Windows DVD Maker, see Video filters in Windows DVD Maker: frequently asked questions.

To turn filters on, off, or to restore the default list of filters:

1. Open Windows DVD Maker by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type DVD Maker, and then, in the list of results, click Windows DVD Maker.
2. On the Turn your digital memories into a DVD page, click Choose Photos and Videos.
3. On the Add pictures and video to the DVD page, click Options.
4. Click the Compatibility tab.
5. Do one of the following:
   * To turn off a filter, clear the check box next to the filter name.
   * To turn on a filter, select the check box next to the filter name.
   * To restore the default list, click Restore All Defaults.

When you restore the default settings, the list and settings for the filters are reset to the last known good setting.

6. Click OK to close the DVD Options dialog box, and then continue making your DVD.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Video-filters-in-Windows-DVD-Maker-frequently-asked-questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Burn-a-DVD-Video-disc-with-Windows-DVD-Maker

Hope the information helps.

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.