Howto select the composite port on ATI WOnder 650 usb tuner in WIndows Media Center?

Can anyone tell me how i can select the composite port for the ati 650 tuner in WMC? Media Center only 'sees' analog and digital tuners.- not the rca video input ports. UNLESS i select custom Install. but then it starts looking for infra-red remote. I dont  have a remote . At that point its try again to find a remote. or cancel. :-(

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2018 Views 1,399 Applies to:
Answer
Beg pardon, but, I'm not mistaken - MC can't use the A/V inputs on a tuner as an additional input (what it first sounded like you wanted to do) - only as a primary input.  Tuners can't be switched on-the-fly between A/V and coax input.
That I didn't get at first what you were trying to do, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Back to your issue:
This:  <I do not need to use an if remote for my pc as i am only controlling box .>
is exactly why you must have a remote kit.  MC needs to be able to control the STB (set-top box.)  If it can't change the channel, how are you going to use it?  Better:  how are you going to schedule a recording?
You need a remote kit - simple as that.  If you don't get a remote kit, you can't use the STB.  I'd recommend Hauppauge's remote kit - $30 U.S. gets you all of the hardware needed (remote, IR transceiver, and IR emitter.)  It's also a rather nice (and reliable) remote.

Regards,
Chris
[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.