TV Tuner Compatibility Problem With Media Center

I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate recently. Media Center worked before with Vista. Now Windows 7 has compatibility problems with my existing Conexant 23880 dual input tv tuner. So, a little peeved, I went out and purchased an MSI NTSC/ATSC Digi@nywhere A/D Plus tv tuner that is compatible with Windows 7. Then, when I try to get Windows Media Center to run the TV Setup, I get a message: " TV Setup has encountered a serious problem. Select Finish to Exit, then try again. If the problem exists, restart Windows Media Center or the computer." I did both and neither worked. I even had to run mcupdate.exe before I could get as far as the tuner. What a disaster. How can Microsoft say a tv tuner is compatible with Windows 7, yet it doesn't work in Media Center. Is there a guru out there who can help me? The tuner works in MSI's program. Thanks.    Glen

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2018 Views 1,066 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Glen,

One common factor for a device not working can be due to improper device drivers loaded on the computer.
I would suggest you to download and install the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install it on the computer and check if it works fine.

For downloading drivers, click
here

Regards,
Gulrez

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.