how to run WMIDiag script i.e., WMIDiag.vbs, in the native Windows 7 64-bit mode

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. WMI is corrupted. Tried all the basic ideas I found on the web without success.

Downloaded WMI Diagnosis Utility -- Version 2.0 and attempted to run wmidiag.vbs (opened with Microsoft Windows Based Script Host).  Got message “Unsupported OS version or build #”. The log file shows “Unsupported Windows version - 64-bit”.

Found out that the document WMIDiag.doc  which was downloaded with WMI Diagnosis Utility -- Version 2.0 clearly says “WMIDiag must be run in the native 64-bit mode, not in the Wow environment”

IE9 is a 64 bit app. I tried to use IE9 to run the script. Got error message “WMIDiag must be run from native 64-bit environment. It is not supported in Wow64.”

QUESTION: how to run WMIDiag script i.e.,  WMIDiag.vbs, in the native 64-bit mode?

Many thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 31, 2019 Views 7,158 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I wasn’t able to run WMIDiag script in native 64-bit mode. But I WAS ABLE to fix my WMI problem by doing something similar to “method 2” described above. I was able to get a set of Windows 7 installation disks from a friend and ran the REPAIR INSTALL procedure  <<(aka: in-place upgrade install) to fix your currently installed Windows 7 and preserve your user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers>> described in great detail at

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

(if, for some reasons the link is not shown, then check <<Windows 7 - Repair Install>> at sevenforums website).

After the in-place install, the corrupt WMI was replaced/fixed and all the WMI-related problems disappeared. In addition (as promised by the in-place install) all my installed software and data were not affected.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.