WMI error under event viewer with error code 0x80041003.

Original Title: WMI error under event viewer...? 

every time i restart my computer i keep getting a WMI error in the event viewer with the details:

"Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected."

does anybody know what the error relates to, and how i can correct this to stop it occuring...? thanks.

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2018 Views 64,463 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

This problem occurs if the WMI filter is accessed without sufficient permission. To resolve this problem, follow the article mentioned below:
Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

28 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi

The computer I am talking about is a brand new alienware laptop. I tried restoring back to factory defaults to see if the error was created by something I did. The error still came up, so i guess its something they did in the factory setup maybe to do with the way they install sp1 on their systems.

Nevertheless i ran the fix mentioned in your link above and cleared the previous errors in my event viewer and did a reboot, and guess wot? it worked...! no new WMI error in my event viewer, so i'm well pleased about that. So thanks very much for your help, it solved my issue.... cheers...!

60 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.