Windows XP install over Windows 7 on slow laptop.

I have an oldish Acer laptop which i have installed Windows 7 ultimate on, however i dont think the laptop can cope with it as every thing is extremly s-l-o-w! Is it an easy process to re-install Windows XP, i have changed op systems on a mac which was a piece of cake but am a little unsure on Windows. Any help would be much appreciated. Please no technical jargon, i'm not a computer savvy kind of guy. Thanks.
Answer
Answer
I have an oldish Acer laptop which i have installed Windows 7 ultimate on, however i dont think the laptop can cope with it as every thing is extremly s-l-o-w! Is it an easy process to re-install Windows XP, i have changed op systems on a mac which was a piece of cake but am a little unsure on Windows. Any help would be much appreciated. Please no technical jargon, i'm not a computer savvy kind of guy. Thanks.
You get a Windows XP license, product key and installation media.  Boot with said media and delete all partitions.  Create and install on a new partition.  Update, install device drivers from manufacturer(s) web site(s), install other software.

If you installed Windows 7 (and did it correctly) - Windows XP is no different really.
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 28 Applies to: