this week Monday Windows update service (wuauserv) is constantly consuming 100% load of a single core. The system is completely up-to date, all updates are applied. I know that Windows update in general is sort of crappy software (sorry guys, but there's a lot of room for improvement) and usually consumes high CPU for a long time just to scan for updates (installation usually also takes very long time), but this time it simply does not stop.
Restaring the service did not help. Reboot did not help either. I tried to re-install all com-Dlls, restarted service, ... nothing helped. Then I tried applying the appropriate Fixit tool but this this tool seems to be quite 'clever' and starts wuauserv service in order to detect problems --> same load again.
My system is Windows 7-64 and usually is very fast (Core-I 7, 2.6 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 512GB SSD) so it's NOT the PC.