Windows System File Checker error

Computer: HP Pavilion dv6

Several observations that maybe connected to my problem.
1. Computer started to slow down at sometime, main observation was that the disk indicator light kept flashing and resulted in huge delay in the system. Sometimes even my mouse was frozen.
2. Restarted computer, (due to my impatience I force the power on my laptop), the system ran chkdsk and did reported some bad sectors and error in index (no idea what those meant). Think the problem should be solved after the chkdsk yet did not turn out that way. Disk indicating light flashes constantly and the system was not functioning consistently with sometimes huge delay in response.
3. Try to backup files onto a external hard drive, backup could not complete with code 0x80070002. 
4.Read threads on microsoft's website and started sfc/scannow on the command prompt running as administrator. sfc failed to complete and reported: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation"
5. Used sfc/verifyonly command to verify again, completed verification saying "found integrity violations" yet cannot open CBS.Log file with error message "Access Denied"
6. Tried to contact microsoft online yet found out my OS does not have an activation status nor activation PID, I have re-installed the computer once after I bought this laptop using the legit System Recovery Discs from Futureshop the computer dealer. Did not notice anything related to activation errors and have been updating the OS constantly.

Please help me.

Question Info

Last updated April 2, 2019 Views 453 Applies to:
In addition to 5)

Now I can open the CBS.Log file and have read some repair done in a verify phase (don't know if this should happen). The error log seemed to be very long on the log file. Then I ran sfc/scannow again yet the operation stopped at exact the same percentage (40%). 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

MS doesnt supply 'free' support for your system because its an oem (preinstalled version of win) and any support is from the PC maker.

I trust you have either the restore disks, or made them from the hidden recovery partition, following that Laptop makers instructions.

I would download/create the HD makers checking utility. e.g SeaTools from Seagate

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is another thing that is wrong. Whenever I try to run SeaTools for Windows, it stops at the beginning.

Sorry this didn't help.

New Update: I ran the backup this morning again, it proceeded to a higher percentage yet still didn't complete with new error message 0x81000037. I will search for related threads on answers.microsoft.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Theres no point in doing anything on your PC untill you have run the HD makers bootable test utility

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973455

Sorry this didn't help.

Downloaded HD Tune Pro to check error on disk, turned out to be some damaged areas on the disk. Should I replace a hard-drive?

Sorry this didn't help.