Windows Explorer keeps crashing

I have a machine that windows explorer keeps crashing.

I've enabled user dumps and have a dump file. Not sure how  I should attach to this post.

I've done reboots, machine is x64 fully updated.

it has kaspersky workstation 10 installed.

some searches will work, but most do not.

happens when i search on the local hard drive, and when searching network storage.

Original title : Windows 7 explorer crashing when using explorer search bar

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2018 Views 2,422 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

There are two potential suspects the DropboxExt64.24.dll (from Dropbox) and the swdocumentmgr.dll (from SolidWorks):

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for DropboxExt64.24.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for DropboxExt64.24.dll
Unable to load image C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\mscorlib\abf62e6545d2802fc60286678a67e6bf\mscorlib.ni.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for mscorlib.ni.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for swdocumentmgr.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for swdocumentmgr.dll
Probably caused by : msvcrt.dll ( msvcrt!terminate+1e )

The swdocumentmgr.dll has ben implicated with Explorer crashing with "searches" before such as in the following link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/6ff03aab-3eb9-40c1-8c4d-f56929340af6/explorer-crashes-in-windows-7-pro-during-network-search?forum=itprovistaapps

Can you try the following:

Go to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\SolidWorks Shared folder and right-click the swdocumentmgr.dll and rename the swdocumentmgr.dll to swdocumentmgr.old

Log out and log back in.

Does the error still occur?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.