Windows Experience Index problem: Could not measure video playback performance

My pc is not yet rated. when i click on rate this computer, an error msg displays saying that-Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed, Could not measure VIDEO PLAYBACK PERFORMANCE. What must i do. plz help
|
Answer
Answer

Hi

Here are some things to check before running the Windows Experience Index (WEI).

•       Quit all running programs and reboot the computer before running the (WEI) assessment.
  •       Check with the computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for any BIOS updates.
  •       Check to make sure you have the latest Windows 7 compatible drivers for the installed Graphics Device (Video Card).
  •       If you have any third party media players installed, uninstall them until the WEI assessment is complete.
  •       If you have installed any third party media Codecs, try uninstalling them until the WEI assessment is complete.

Open Windows Explorer and go to the  C:\WINDOWS\Performance\WinSAT  folder.

You should see the following 8 video files.

2 files with the  .mp4  file extension.

3 files with the  .mpg  file extension.

3 files with the  .wmv  file extension.

Double click each of these files. They should open and play in Windows Media Player. These are the files that the WEI runs to assess the Video Performance.

One thing to remember is that the WEI score is only an indicator of the capabilities of the main hardware components on the computer. It does not have any effect on the performance of the system.

Let us know what you find.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

76 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2021 Views 73,196 Applies to: