Windows crash, blue screen

Hello, my name is Kristina and I am a mental  health therapist. My job requires me to compile an emotional support animal letter and health certifications of my patients on daily basis. I mainly use Microsoft word and power point to make the documents and presentations. Believe me I am not aware of any other complications in Windows but one thing that is really annoying me since about 14 days ago is that whenever I start my work on Word, after 10 or 15 minutes my window crashes and blue screen appears having an error code “0x00000024”. I have notified my IT guy to sort it out and as per him he has reinstalled my system windows and installed new virus protections but the issue is out his control too. I really want a professional for this issue as my patients and clients are suffering due to delay in my work and just because of an unknown issue in my system. My system forwarded by my IT guy are:

Operating System: Windows 7

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model OptiPlex 3010
System Type x64-based PC
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A08, 12/7/2012

Platform Role Desktop

BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Thanks 

Kristina Thomas

Answer
Answer

You may want to ask your question at https://www.sysnative.com/forums/forums/bsod-crashes-kernel-debugging.15/ where there are experts at analyzing Windows crashes (BSOD).  If you do so, please read the posting instructions first.

However, before you ask there, the following may help:

1.  Open an Elevated Command Prompt (click Start, type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click on the link to Command Prompt and select "Run as administrator", respond as needed to the UAC prompt).

2.  Type the following in the black Command Prompt window and press Enter

chkdsk c: /F

3.  Type Y in response to the question and press Enter

4.  Reboot your computer

This is what you should see after Step 2:

If you don't sit staring at the computer screen while the disk check is in progress and miss the report (which only appears briefly before the system restarts), you can see the results of the disk check as described here:  https://askleo.com/how_do_i_see_the_results_of_a_chkdsk_that_ran_on_boot/  (rather than simply scroll down the event log as suggested in that article, right-click on "Application" (under Windows Logs), select "Find", type wininit and click "Find Next").

And if running chkdsk fixes your problem, you probably should get a new IT guy.

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 5, 2020 Views 151 Applies to: