windows 7 (x64 pro) window focus issues:when i open a program/window, sometimes it opens in the background instead of the foreground

when i open a program/window, sometimes it opens in the background instead of the foreground and i have to click the program/window to make it active. sometimes they open as minimized. also, after a restart and a login, i open up internet explorer and the gadgets (clock, calendar, etc) remain on top even though "always on top is" disabled.

so annoying. does anyone know a solution to this issue or have the same problem?

Answer
Answer
Windows 7 - window focus issues

I used the first fix and it completely solved the windows 7 focus issues that plagued me.

Fix number 1

Fix:

Follow the steps below:

1. Open Start >> Run and typeregedit” (without quotes)

2. Navigate to the following path:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

3. Right Click on the empty space and create a new DWORD value, or modify the existing value named ‘ForegroundLockTimeout’, set or modify the value to 0. (this value will cause the application to take the focus instantly.)

4. That’s it Done, exit registry and restart windows for changes to come into effect.

Fix number 2

TIP: You can also set the registry keys to auto focus for a windows where you drag your mouse. Follow the procedure below

1. Open Registry Edit as explained above, Navigate to the following path in the registry:

<tt>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Mouse/ActiveWindowTracking</tt> ]

2. Set the value to 1

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 23, 2023 Views 62,327 Applies to: