Please refer to this screenshot: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4306/leakingkernel.png
Notice the following:
- total system commit at 5GB, even though I'm just running Internet Explorer posting this message.
- 2.2GB of the kernel consumed by pages tagged as "AlMs", or "ALPC message".
- I've seen this value over the 5GB mark previously after about 3 days, by that time the workstation is very sluggish.
- the NTOSKRNL.EXE is version 6.1.7600.20618 which pertains to microsoft hotfixhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/979444 which is supposed to fix this problem.
- the NTOSKRNL.EXE file gets updated by multiple subsequent security updates, but they all leak too.
- The memory shows 1.2GB free because I have just run the RamMap.exe utility and emptied everything a few times to push everything out to swap but it made no difference to this problem. Prior to this it was up at the 3.9GB mark.
Is there any way to stop this leaking occuring?