Windows 7 will not go into sleep mode ????

Hi there,
I recently formatted and reinstalled windows 7 on my PC..
since then, i have not been able to get my PC into the sleep mode plan i have set..
when i click sleep it goes to sleep without a problem.. but getting it to sleep according to the sleeping plan i set it to, does not work..
I have googled alot on this, and have updated my graphics card with the latest drivers as i heard this could cause it.. but still no luck..
is there any info out there to try get this working again ?
I have set my power plan to sleep at 30 mins.. but having no luck getting it to work, have even done a trouble shoot on it, and Windows found that my screensaver was enabled and fixed .. not sure what that meant to do.. but still after this, it did not work..
any advice pls?? im pulling my hair out here..
muich thanks

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 482 Applies to:
Hi,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft community forums!

I appreciate the efforts that you have put in. Try the suggestions to get this issue fixed.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
2. Did you make any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

Try the suggestions and check if you Windows 7 goes to sleep mode.

You may try the steps from the knowledge base article and check.
Windows 7 does not go to sleep
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976877

You may try the steps in “Why does my computer not go into sleep or hibernation as expected, or why does it wake unexpectedly? “ from the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions

In future if you come across any issues regarding Windows, please feel free to post your query here on Microsoft Community, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.