- 6GB of installed memory, normal usage is about 1.5GB
- 3 Disk drives in the computer ( OS [Raid 0]. 2 Data drives )
- Windows 7 64-bit
- After a full virus scan of the computer the memory usage jumps up to 3.5GB and stays the until a reboot of the computer.
- Looking in Task Manager and Resource Monitor shows the memory in use but the programs running don't add up to anything close to 3.5GB
- I tested this with AVG and Avira anti-virus, and it happens with both. So it would lead me to believe its a Windows issue.
- Tried with multiple Virus scanners, same issue with the ones I tried.
- Scanned just the OS partition with no noticeable increase in memory usage.
- Scanned both data drives. Memory usage jumped about 1GB during scan of first drive, and another 1GB when on the second drive. Memory usage stayed high after the scan was complete. Subsequent scans keeps the memory usage high.
- What is causing this behavior? Indexing, or is it some kind of memory leak?