windows 7 freeze

I have a windows 7 64 bit home premium, which came pre installed on my hp probook 4530s. till yesterday, it was working fine...after i switched on my notebook(after switching from ac powersupply to battery), it froze at the blue screen with "windows 7.." written at the bootom, you know, the usual startup screen. so, i restarted my notebook, and waited for half an hour, till the explorer resumed,and it worked normally. but the next time, the same thing happened and i restarted from safe mode(which seemed to be working perfectly), and after a slight delay, it worked. but it froze frequently, and i did a system restore. Now, it takes like 20 minutes for starting up, and freezes like 10 minutes of using it! er, also, i just ran a registry cleanup from Ccleaner, but it still keeps freezing. Can anyone help please?

I dunno if this aids, but, just before these freezes, i.e, before i turned it off the first time, i couldnt view the videos on some sites, like justin.tv..it kept saying "something went wrong. error #2170"

p.s. i ran a hard disk check too.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 674 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
This might sound funny, but the cause of the prroblem turned out to be Avast! i uninstalled it, and now it works perfectly! Thanks a lot again :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.