Win 7 (Pro)- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - Error 87 - failed to repair corupted file

Hi,

I was working on a large Excel file with formula, and the Excel stop to response.

I restart my PC and Go to Action Centre > Trouble Shooting > Performance. En error message said that a system problem had prevented this process to proceed.

I run SFC scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth , I got error 87, unable to repair corrupted file.

Previously, Win 7 had od Blue Screen Crash after this.

May I know how to fix this issue?

Is this issue cause by big formula intensive Excel file of 37 MB?

Thanks

|
Answer
Answer

If the log file is the only corrupt file, then deleting it will stop the SFC utility from reporting the error. This assumes the drive does not contain any bad sectors. If there are bad sectors then reinstalling Windows could possibly place a more important system file on that bad sector or sectors. Worse yet the drive could deteriate over time creating more serious issues. Running a drive test is an important step.

Click Start
Type: CMD, from the results, right click CMD
Click 'Run as Administrator'
At the Command Prompt, type: chkdsk /r /f
When you restart your system, your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.

If the problem persist, boot to the Windows 7 desktop, insert your Windows 7 disc, when the setup menu appears, click the option to do an Upgrade over the current installation. Your personal files and settings will be preserved.

Le plus grand faible des hommes, c'est l'amour qu'ils ont de la vie

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 7, 2021 Views 17,291 Applies to: