Why does Windows 7 have typing problems?

When i type on the internet or on games, I often open new tabs or open other problems, simply by typing.  Sometimes what I'm typing will get erased, filled in with something else, or just won't get typed at all.  I was told this is a Windows 7 bug.
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Grantowitz,

Thank you for using Microsoft Windows Forum.

a) Did you make any changes to your computer? (i,e downloaded and installed any mailicious softwares)

b) How are you trying to type on Games?

c) What kind of games are you trying to play?

Check if the computer is updated with all the latest Windows 7 compatible drivers

It is not a Windows 7 bug. It could be a virus that is bothering you.
If you have an anti-virus software run a scan from your anti-virus software and flush out the viruses.

Also for additional help you may refer to the link given below :

How to get rid of malware : http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistasecurity/thread/ba80504b-61f1-4d71-960f-b561798b7b42

Regards,
Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No I'm sure it is not a virus or malware because I have great antivirus and antimalware software.  What happens is, for example, when I am typing on Microsoft word 2007, in the middle of typing the save as box will open or when I'm typing the hanging indent will suddenly apply to my work and sometimes words get erased when I am simply typing.  It happens the same on the internet and anyplace I have to type. I have installed all the windows updates and drivers and still nothing. It just seems to be a slight glitch that random windows or little boxes open when I am typing.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you using a netbook "mini laptop"?
If this was helpful, please vote by clicking the green triangle. If it solves the issue, click Propose as Answer. Thanks!
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. I am using a netbook (Acer AS1410). I know I am not hitting extra keys because when I don't type anything for a minute or 2 I will see it change the cursor position. Its not a virus or malware, I have ran all the scans necessary and nothing turned up. Thanks

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem, too.  Last month I bought a Dell Inspiron 1545 w/ W7 Professional.  Especially when I'm in Word 2003 or Outlook 2003 I get a hanging indent, or a change in font, or a new command with 1 letter as if I just pressed the (oops, it just happened... my font style changed!) <control> x.  I'm pulling my hair out... See, it just changed to italics and I didn't tell it to!!! GRRRR!  The MOST frustrating is the hanging indent, but it's all part of the same headache.  HELP!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes! I have this same problem! My husband also has it, so it's nice to know it's not just me and not just our computer. I read on another forum to download a spyware/malware removal program, which the consumer replied afterward that this helped, but it did not solve our problem, so I removed that program. When we got the computer, before we got online, I already had the McAfee Security system installed and running and we're vigilant about not allowing programs to download to our computer if we don't know what they are. Oh my gosh, just in the last few minutes of typing this post, I have had 5 different things pop up (two New Tabs, one "Open"/search window, and two "Bing" (search engine) suggestion windows). Frustrating!
We are using a Dell Inspiron laptop (not a mini-laptop) and it came with Windows 7. I am most frustrated that there are so many of us with the same problem and I cannot find an answer on the Microsoft help website. I'll keep checking up to see if anyone finds a solution.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i am having the same problem too! I can't imagine it is not a virus or malware because i just had the whole operating system rebooted from dell and my scans are all clear. i also had trouble connecting to the internet. nothing we tried worked thus the reason for the reboot. i hope win 7 is not going to be full of issues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too. I´m working on a Inspiron 1720, previously with Windows XP and no problems at all. After upgrade to W7 i can´t type a simple phrase without correcting the text in all programs (word, outlook, blogs, etc). Cursor changes to another location in the middle of a word when i´m typing. This reply has been corrected three times since i have started to write.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem.  I have a new ( 3 weeks old) Dell Inspiron with Windows 7.  Its been happening since the first day I used the computer.  New windows pop up, Find functions.  It behaves as if I was hitting the control button but I am not.  It only is fine if I type really really slowly. 

Please help Microsoft. 

Does anyone have answers yet?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem! Like you though, if I type really slowly then there is no problem. It really is a frustrating scenario, no one seems to be able to suggest a fix.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2021 Views 24,929 Applies to: