When I open internet explorer 10 in Windows 7 I get a warning that there is no disc in drive? Can this be stopped?

When I try to open internet Explorer 10 installed on my laptop running Windows 7 64 bit, I get a warning from iexplore.exe saying that there is no disc in the drive. It offers a Try Again button, wiich eventually allows me to go to Internet Explorer home page. Seems like a long way around to just use the browser.

Thank you.

Hi Bocasandy,

Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

Method 1:

Step 1:

I would also suggest you to start Internet Explorer from the following location: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” and check if it works.

Step 2:

If the above method works, I would suggest you to create a new shortcut for Internet Explorer by using the original location “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.

a.     Browse to the given location.

b.    Right click on iexplore.exe.

c.     Hover the mouse over Send to.

d.    Click on Desktop (create shortcut).

Method 2:

Step 1:

Restart your computer in Safe mode with networking as there are chances that a third party program might be causing the issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-HK/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

If it works fine in safe mode try performing a clean boot to find the root cause.

Step 2:

Refer to the article for steps on how to start your computer in clean boot state to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.

Let us know the results.

Rohit S

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

Related Forums