when I go to wake Windows 7 from sleep mode, My computer refuses to wake by simply moving the mouse

original title: Waking windows 7 from sleep

Quite often when I go to wake Windows 7 from sleep mode, My computer refuses to wake by simply moving the mouse. I have to hold the power button till the computer shuts off, than press the power on again.  Other times when I put it into sleep mode it wakes minits latter.  I have set all swithes to never turn off hard drive and never auto put computer into sleep mode.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Ensure that to enable the option of  Allow this device to wake the computer for the Mouse and check if it helps, to do that follow the below provided steps.

1.      Click on start.

2.      Now type devmgmt.msc in the search files and programs field.

3.      At the device manager screen, right click on the Mice and other pointing devices.

4.      Select properties.

5.      Now you have to click on power management tab.

6.      Now check mark Allow this device to wake the computer.

Also Update the display adapters on your computer, to do that follow the steps below.

a. Update your video card, If you all ready have the latest drivers, uninstall and reinstall them, as drivers can quite easily become corrupted.

b. Here are the steps to uninstall the display drivers from Device Manager:

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and    then clicking Device Manager.

2. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. On the Device Manager window, look for the Display adapter and let us know if you see any yellow exclamation    mark in front of the Device.

4. Right click on the Device and select Uninstall.

5. Re-install the latest Display drivers from the Manufacturer’s website.

6. Access the link below to know about how to get into Device Manager:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/2d8d5582-c5bc-4395-945f-5c6a273c5afa1033.mspx 

Now restart your computer and check for the issue.

You can also download the driver for the mouse from manufacturer’s website and install it.

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar- Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2021 Views 33,479 Applies to: