What is the SSPORT service

I keep getting a message on my event viewer as follows:

"The SSPORT service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the file specified." I have followed the link to event logon line help, andfollowed all instructions there. It links to error code 7000 with %%2, which seems to be a file not found problem. However, as it does not state which file is not found, then it is not much use.

Question: Does anyone know what the SSPORT service is, as I can find no reference on the web to it, and none in technet or on this forum.
Suplimentary - does it matter that these errors are happening, or should I just ignore them?

hwalker1
Answer
Answer
Howard

I don't have answer, but found this. It looks like it is due to your Samsung printer. So it looks like you are on the right track.

"Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesSSPORT after installing a Samsung printer driver on anything other than Windows XP. It's definitely the Samsung driver installer that adds this registry key. All my Samsung printers work just fine even though the service always fails to start, and deleting the registry key gets rid of the annoying service startup notification failures."

Hope that helps you somewhat. 

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 15, 2020 Views 71,562 Applies to: