Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

What is the BEST Registry Cleaner for Win 7 Ultimate or Pro 64 Bit version OS ?

What is the BEST Registry Cleaner for Win 7  Ultimate or Pro  64 Bit version OS ?

When I search the internet  with that same Question ,,  i get  hundreds of links  and every company says it has the 100%  BEST  Registry Cleaner software  and i bet 99%  are liars !!

Microsoft  really  needs to TEST  all Registry cleaners &  make a list of the Top  5 BEST  software  for many different uses and post that list so  your Customers can  know what is the Best to use to Fix  their PC  problems .

Please !!  be Nice  and help your Customers who have bought and use your Microsoft  software ..  OK ??

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't bother. You do NOT need any sort of registry cleaner and most of them are snake oil.

I would not use one, they are unnecessary.

Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011
If a registry cleaner was neccesary MS would have produced one, as an inbuilt maintenance utility
Microsoft  really  needs to TEST  all Registry cleaners &  make a list of the Top  5 BEST  software  for many different uses and post that list so  your Customers can  know what is the Best to use to Fix  their PC  problems .

Microsoft does not recommend using a registry cleaner.

Slow PC? Optimize your computer for peak performance:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/optimize.aspx

"Note: This article does not address or recommend tinkering with the registry files. Such activities can be detrimental to your computer and should only be attempted by properly trained professionals."

MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

Gordon is correct.

Lead3 is correct.

Palcouk is correct.

TrekDozer is correct.

Microsoft have even withdrawn their registry cleaner [their Installer cleanup utility] because it sometimes had unwanted side-effects - they now only recommend individual fixes targetted at specific problems. What greater confirmation is needed about the dangers of registry cleaners than this?

Investigating & correcting specific problems is better than potentially writing off the entire system through use of these unpredictable "tools".

By the way, you've worded your comments as though you were addressing Microsoft. This is not Microsoft. This is a peer-to-peer mutual support forum where users ask questions and users answer questions.

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer
Another vote for registry cleaners = snake oil sales
May cause unexpected problems

Windows 9x required a registry cleaner to remove safe and orphaned entries, and Microsoft made one called RegClean 4.

It worked well because Windows 9x registry would 'fall over' if it became to large.

OK. lets move on to Windows 9x's cousins (not direct relatives)

Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7 registry does not have the original shortfalls of the Windows 9x registry. The new registry can get way larger than any user is ever likely to manage. Also, the four operating systems all ignore orphaned entries, unlike Windows 9x which read and tried to execute them all.

In this way, registry cleaners have had no value since Windows 2000.

The ones which only remove safe stuff are a waste of time, and if you paid for one, a waste of cash too.

The ones which promise to make your system go faster actually do that but not by good means. They cripple the system to the point where you have to re-install from scratch.. after they have asked for cash to fix themselves and the bogus errors they told you about to scare you..

If you still think that registry cleaners are a good, go ahead and get one.

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

What is the BEST Registry Cleaner for Win 7  Ultimate or Pro  64 Bit version OS ?

When I search the internet  with that same Question ,,  i get  hundreds of links  and every company says it has the 100%  BEST  Registry Cleaner software  and i bet 99%  are liars !!

Please !!  be Nice  and help your Customers who have bought and use your Microsoft  software ..  OK ??

The best one is the one you never use.
CCleaner. only one you need.  anyone who has never cleaned a registry does not understand how it works and how dangerous a BAD registry can be if not properly kept up.  and YES invalid and empty registry keys slow down a computer Especially during the last phase of the booting of the shell.
You are misinformed. If you have factual data to backup your conjecture please provide it. The manufactures of these snake oil can't provide anything but marketing hype.

I think the issues you may be referring to are ancient history. If it was windows 98 I might agree with you.

We see many problems with these products removing critical windows files rendering windows not genuine. usually requiring a reinstall.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 6, 2020 Views 119,298 Applies to: