What is file repository folder and can we delete it?

Original Title: what is file repository it shows full red, what should i do, to delete that particular ??

Hi,

In windows directory, it shows file repository and the folder is 100%, 

can I delete this folder or what to do.

Looking for your help.

Thanks

prema

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2018 Views 168,088 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Prema,

Are using any tool to get the information "windows directory, it shows file repository and the folder is 100%"?

If you are trying to create more space in the compute. I would suggest to optimize your computer and check if it helps.

Optimize Windows for better performance

Note:

1)Disk cleanup cleans up files associated with your user account. You can also use Disk Cleanup to clean up all the files on your computer.

2) Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

The driver store is a trusted location of inbox and third-party driver packages. This means that before a driver can be installed it must first be injected into the driver store, this process is called staging. The driver store is located under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. Windows keeps a copy of every driver you install in a place called the Driver Store. It is located in “C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository”.

Note: It is not suggested to delete drivers from the folder as deleting an incorrect driver might lead to instability and issues within PC.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

64 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
After jumping through permissions hoops... I was finally able to remove one of the folders in the File Repository.... and THEN I was able to install the copier/printer that I had been unable to install for the past week.  The last measure was going to be re-imaging the machine, but since it's in a remote office, I wanted to exhaust all other possible fixes for this problem.  I kept getting 0x000005b3 error messages but once I removed the most recent folder in the File Repository and replaced it with the same folder from a computer with a successful printer install, I was able to install this copier.  I'm ready to celebrate, now!!

21 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.