Unable to save web pages ​error - This Webpage could not be saved

For the past couple of weeks,a problem with the "Page" button as suddenly appeared! I don't know whether that was caused by recent dld's I installed from "Important updates" or not,but this is a real annoyance,which I hope can be fixed simply and quickly! The problem is this: When I click Page and then "Save as",regardless wether it's to be saved as  MHT,HTML or other..I now get a small window that says"Error Saving Webpage" and "This Webpage could not be saved".Can someone help me fix this? I have Windows 7 Home Edition.Thank you.
Van

Original title: Error Saving Webpage

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 1,472 Applies to:

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums!!

From the issue description it looks like, you have issues with saving web pages on windows 7 computer.

I would really appreciate if you can help me with the following information.

1.      Which web browser are you using on the computer?

2.      Did you make any recent changes on the computer prior to this issue?

If you are using Internet Explorer, then perform the steps and check if it helps.

Method 1
Check if you are able to save the page in clean boot state. There is a possibility that a third party application causing the conflict.

Refer to the article below for steps about how to start your computer in clean boot state.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Note: When the troubleshooting is over do not forget to reset the computer to normal startup. Follow the step 3 in the above article.

Method 2

Check if any add-ons installed on the Internet explorer are causing the error. I would suggest you to try opening Internet explorer in the no add-ons mode.

a.      Click the Start button, click All Programs and click Accessories.

b.      Click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

How do browser add-ons affect my computer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/How-do-browser-add-ons-affect-my-computer

Hope it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Regards,
Anil

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Van,

From the issue description it looks like, you have issues with saving web pages on windows 7 computer.

If you are using Internet Explorer, then perform the steps and check if it helps.

Method 1
Check if you are able to save the page in clean boot state. There is a possibility that a third party application causing the conflict.

Refer to the article below for steps about how to start your computer in clean boot state.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Note: When the troubleshooting is over do not forget to reset the computer to normal startup. Follow the step 3 in the above article.

Method 2

Check if any add-ons installed on the Internet explorer are causing the error. I would suggest you to try opening Internet explorer in the no add-ons mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/How-do-browser-add-ons-affect-my-computer

Hope it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply.1-I use Internet Explorer 2-The only changes that could affect my computer that I can think of is:recent "Important" critical updates I dld from MS! I tried Method 1 as you suggested,and just as the page opened, another Window plunked itself right in the middle of the page,and completely Froze my Computer.The Window was as follows:INTERNET SECURITY
                                            A Web site wants to open Web content using this program on your computer:
                                            Name: Silverlight.configuration.exe
                                            Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
                                            Alow              Don't Allow
Clicking either Allow or Don't alllow provided absolutely no response,so I had to reboot the computer! Any suggestion as to what we can do next? Thank you.
Van

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Van,

Method 1

Method 2

Hope it helps.

Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply.1-I use Internet Explorer 2-The only changes that could affect my computer that I can think of is:recent "Important" critical updates I dld from MS! I tried Method 1 as you suggested,and just as the page opened, another Window plunked itself right in the middle of the page,and completely Froze my Computer.The Window was as follows:INTERNET SECURITY
                                            A Web site wants to open Web content using this program on your computer:
                                            Name: Silverlight.configuration.exe
                                            Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
                                            Alow              Don't Allow
Clicking either Allow or Don't alllow provided absolutely no response,so I had to reboot the computer! Any suggestion as to what we can do next? Thank you.
Van

I guess no one can help me solve this problem! Can someone suggest a site where I could get this fixed? Thank you,I'd really appreciate any help.

Van

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest you to try resetting Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Run the “Fix it” from the following article:
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting Internet Explorer (IE) settings will reset all user-defined settings including those set by installed extensions, toolbars and other add-ons to IE Defaults. This includes all Security, Privacy and Zone settings. Also this will clear browsing history, delete all temporary Internet Files, cookies, form data and especially all stored passwords.

Let us know the status of the issue.
Regards,
Anil

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again,

I just now Reset internet explorer,and I clicked "Save as" the same problem re occured as before, a small window appeared saying "Web Page cannot be saved" What else can we do? Thanks.

Van

Sorry this didn't help.