There is a 30 second black screen before the log-in screen appears

*Original title: Windows 7 x64 - Black screen, slow logon, App-V (boot trace)

Hello,

I'm experiencing slow logon times on a Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. There is a ~30 second black screen after the computer boots and before the log-in screen appears .

I installed the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) and ran a boot trace using the Windows Performance Recorder.

Using the Windows Performance Analyzer I can see that the sftlist.exe service takes around 25 seconds to initialize (see screenshot below). This is part of the Microsoft Application Virtualization Client, the installed version is 4.6.3.24650.

The services to the right wait for sftlist to finish which might explain the black screen.

Any ideas why it takes so long to start and if there are any fixes? Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2018 Views 936 Applies to:
Answer
Hello Aergistal,

Thank you for your reply with the detail description and the results after performing the troubleshooting steps that I provided to you in my previous response.

I am sorry to know that the issue is still not resolved, but I really appreciate your efforts to resolve this issue.

Follow the suggestions from Andre Da Costa replied on July 14, 2012 and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps, please reply with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.