Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

Theme service need to be restarted after reboot-"Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system".

Original title: Theme service need to be restarted after reboot

Hello,

I'm having an HP Laptop running Windows 7 32 bits French version (I'm a French guy leaving in USA).
Following an update (i do not know which one), I had the following message
''Echec de connexion à un service windows
windows n'a pas pu se connecter au service Service de notification d'évènements système. Ce problème empêche les utilisateurs avec restrictions de se connecter au système.
En tant qu'adimistrateur vous pouvez consulter les détails du journal événement.'
which can be translated as
'Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.'

then the Aero function is no more active

After some search on the Internet, I opened services.msc, looked for Theme services (it was running), restarted it and Aero was here again ! Unfortuntaly, Aero was not running after next reboot, but the manual procedure is working
Except this Aero issue, PC seems to works fine..but I would like to avoid having to open the services.msc each time I reboot the PC

Do you have any idea how can I remove the error message at the boot, and set the Theme service issues at boot

Many thanks in advance for your kind help

JoAligato

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2020 Views 1,175 Applies to:

Hi,  

Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?  

I would suggest you to try the following method and check the issue status.

Check if you can experience the issue in ‘Safe mode’; if safe mode works fine then set the computer to ‘Clean boot’ state to check for software conflicts.

Step 1:

Start your computer in safe mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

Keep the computer on a clean boot and check for the issue status. If everything works fine after a clean boot, you can infer that some third party services are causing the problem. Proceed with the remaining steps to pin-point out the third party service. After you figure out the problem causing program, you may have to update or install a higher version of the program, if you seldom use that software you can consider uninstalling it.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through step 7 of the Kb to keep the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.