Task Scheduler Error "mcupdate_scheduled and DispatchRecoveryTasks corrupted"

Original title: Schedule problems: mcupdate_scheduled and DispatchRecoveryTasks corrupted

Hi,

I'm running a Hebrew version of Win7 Ultimate with an English GUI. When I open my scheduler, I get the following two error messages:

Task: Mcupdate_Dcheduled: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with

and

Task: DispatchRecoveryTasks: The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with

What's wrong? How do I reset scheduler to function smoothly?

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2019 Views 7,395 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi Chermesh,

Method 1:

As this issue could occur if the task present in the task folder gets corrupted hence, I suggest you to try these below provided steps and check if it fixes the issue.

a. Backup tasks under C:\Windows\system32\Tasks folder
b. Delete all tasks in C:\Windows\system32\Tasks folder
c. Then add tasks one by one.

I seems that task under M:\Backup\Task backup\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center called mcupdate_scheduled generates the message. You may leave this Media Center task without backing up.

Method 2:

Regarding this issue, it is possible the {0} task is damaged. Let's find it in the registry key to check the result.

Registry disclaimer:
To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

a. Click “Start”, type “REGEDIT” (without the quote) into “Search” bar, right click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
b. Navigate to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree].
c. Right click “Tree” node in the left pane, click “Export”, select “Desktop” in the “Save in” box and type “Backup” (without the quote) in “File Name”, then click “Save”.

Note: The backup file is on the Desktop and named as Backup.reg. We can simply restore the registry by double-clicking the backup.reg file. Once we have completed the troubleshooting and the issue has been resolved we may delete that file.

d. Press Ctrl+F combine key to search {0} in the registry key.
e. If there is any key found under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree], please delete it.

Method 3:

If the above provided steps don’t fix the issue then, try clean boot.

Putting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. If yes, you may have to contact the program manufacturer for any updates or uninstall and re-install the program.

Refer the following Microsoft KB article for more information on how to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

Note: After troubleshooting, make sure to put the computer to start as usual as mentioned in Step 7 in the above KB article.

Method 4:

You can also use the Event Viewer to look for information about the issue.

Here's an article on how to do that:

How to view error messages in Event Viewer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947321

You can check for information about the issue by the time it occurred.

You can post that information here to help us narrow down where to focus.

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.