svchost.exe constantly downloading stuff eating up my limited bandwidth

Hello everyone, I am running Windows 7 and recently I've been having this problem with svchost.exe and I hope someone on here could help me fix it. The problem is that my computer out of no where just starts downloading stuff (I don't know what it is downloading), I have a bandwidth monitor (BitMeter) and have noticed these constant downloads. So I started researching using the internet and a little program called TCPView and found out that the downloads are being caused by a program (don't know which one) using svchost.exe. Using TCPView I am able to end the process, with that said using the task manager these processes are not visible or accessible so my only chance to stop it is to use another TCP or process viewer. Also when I stop it it is only temporary because it starts up again after a few minutes.

I ran the (tasklist /svc /fi "imagename eq svchost.exe") command and found a few inconsistance with the downloading running and without (after I stopped it) and found with it running/downloading Appinfo, BITS, and Wuauserv are being used I don't know what program is using this service, hope that helps. I can't afford to keep it running because I have a limited amount of bandwidth I tried a few things such as HiJackThis, Norton Internet Security, Avast Anti Virus, Windows Defender just to mention a few I even restored my PC to the way it was when I first bought it and neither of them fixed my problem. Help Please

Excuse my english/grammer I am a bit frustrated now trying to keep this thing at bay, thanks in advance for all your help

Question Info

Last updated October 26, 2019 Views 96,177 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Its occur mostly because of BITS(Background Intelligent Transfer Service)

Stop this service.

Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - search for BITS and Stop the service by right clicking on it then click on stop. Also in the properties of this service select manual or disable.

You can enable it to update ur windows anytime whnevr u hv an idle connction.

434 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.