sstray64.exe application error, mmc.exe application error, and a zte usb modem giving access violation errors/msdart.dll and Eolesyserrors in module dll_netcard_r.dll

sstray64.exe application error, mmc.exe application error, and a zte usb modem that has started giving me access violation errors/msdart.dll and Eolesyserrors in module dll_netcard_r.dll

Windows 7 Home with Norton 360 2010

Part 1:

The problem started with my ZTE USB modem giving me the different access violations, it says that msdart.dll was not designed to work with the operating system, along with the Eolesyserrors and Eaccessviolations.  It previously worked fine, and now I'm not sure why it won't work.

Part 2:

I also after the previous errors started, that right after booting up that it gave me a sttray64.exe application error.  I would close it, and eventually had Norton not let it bootup with the system which solved that problem.  Then I noticed that I also was denied access to the Device Manager through a mmc.exe application error.  Also certain command prompts like eventvwr give me the application error etc. 

What kind of problem could this be?? It seems to be acting like a virus, but my system speed and functionality has remained great.  It's not slow and doesn't reboot or give me problems outside when I look for the things mentioned above.  Norton has always been up and running and its never given lets worms through before.

I've tried system restore back a few months and from the backup I had on an external but it doesn't change anything.  Would a return to factory settings help?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Rhett

Answer
Answer

Hi Rman11,

Step 1

I would suggest you to temporarily disable Norton 360 on the computer and try to access device manager, system viewer and check if you can access it. If you are able to access, you may contact the Norton support and check if you need to change any settings. Later re-enable the Norton security software.

Step 2

You may put the computer in a clean boot state and check if you receive any error message.

Access the link below and follow the steps to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source.

Also, see the section on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual” and set it to Normal startup.

Step 3

ForZTE USB modem issue, you may firstcreate a System Restore Point manually, so that in case, something goes wrong while performing these steps, you may always perform a System Restore.

Access the ZTE USB Modem manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of Drivers and software and save it on your computer. Uninstall the Modem drivers and software on the computer. To uninstall the Modem software, follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start.
  2. In the start search box, type Programs and features.
  3. In the list click on programs and features.
  4. Scroll down to ZTE USB Modem and uninstall it.
  5. Restart the computer.

After restart install the latest drivers and software for the modem and check if the issue is fixed.

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit ourMicrosoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2019 Views 7,118 Applies to: