sqlite3.dll Error every time i start my computer...

I have Windows 7 and i'm getting this message every time i start my computer...

The program can't start because sqlite3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

How can I get rid of it?
Answer
Answer

sqlite3.dll means SQLite, a lightweight SQL database engine. 

SQLite is used by many popular softwares - and I think some software that needs to use SQlite is installed on your computer and is set to startup during system boot.

Press Windows key + R, type msconfig and press Enter key. Select the 'Startup' tab. Now uncheck one entry, click OK and restart your computer. If you still receive the error message, open msconfig again, check the entry you unchecked previously and uncheck another entry, click OK and restart.

Keep doing so until you find out unchecking which entry causes the sqlite3.dll missing error to disappear. Post some details about that startup entry here.

Also, as per http://sqlite.org/mostdeployed.html McAfee products use SQLite. If your computer came with McAfee pre-installed and you un-installed it, it is possible that some parts of it were left behind after un-installation. Try using McAfee Removal Tool and then restart your computer. If you are currently using any McAfee product and face any issues with any components such as the virus scanner, try using McAfee Removal Tool and then re-installing the McAfee product.

54 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 36,351 Applies to: