Q: spoolsv.exe process is running all the time and wasting 50% CPU's power (one of two cores). This thread is locked from future replies

I've found that spoolsv.exe is accorded to printing. When this process is killed or service "Printing cache/buffor" is stopped, printing is impossible. I tried to switch automatic initialization to manual (in services.msc), but this process doesn't start even I ask any application to print.
spoolsv.exe takes all power of one core from mu CPU (core 2 duo). I've got Windows 7 Professional x86 Polish. I attached some screenshoots that could be helpful. Sorry for my poor english.

Yeah Spoolsv.exe is a service that Uses a lot of cache even when its not required.

Here is a fix for that :->

1. Go to StartSettings and click Control Panel
  2. In the Control Panel window, first double-click on Administrative Tools and then on Services.
  3. In the right pane of the Services window locate and right-click on Print Spooler and then select Stop.
  4. After you have stopped this process, leave the Service window open. Now open My Computer and navigate to the following folder.
    c:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS - in Windows Vista, XP, 98/95/ME

c:\winnt\system32\spool\PRINTERS - in Windows NT\2000

5. Delete all the files in the Printers folder. After deleting the files in this folder, go back to Services window, right-click on Print Spooler, and then select startto re-enable the service.

I hope this will help

Vipul Taneja |

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

114 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 221,990 Last updated: March 18, 2018 Applies to: