Sleep and hibernate stopped working on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. How to fix this issue?

From sometime last week the sleep and hibernate functions on my laptop have stopped working. My laptop was set to go to sleep when lid was closed. I initially thought there could be a problem with the switch so I tried putting it to sleep by manually selecting the sleep option. When I do that, the screen goes blank but the then nothing happens. The laptop does not go to sleep. After 5 minutes or so I see blue screen. Same thing happens when I try the hibernate option. Is some driver causing this crash? Any help is highly appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2018 Views 1,667 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,

- Have you made any changes to your computer because of which the issue started?

I'd recommend you to update your display drivers and check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
MSINFO32 shows numerous network related errors blaming ndisrd.sys.  This appears to be a component used for network attached devices (such as a Western Digital MyBook).  Network devices also reports winpkfilter miniport devices that are associated with the ndisrd.sys driver.  There may also be a WinpkFilter Service, but I wasn't able to locate it in the MSINFO32 file.

Their website ( http://www.mionet.com/  ) specifically mentions Western Digital devices - so that software may be associated with the errors (Western Digital SmartWare).  Please uninstall it and see if that fixed the BSOD's.

If you need this software and if uninstalling it fixed the BSOD's - try downloading a fresh copy from the Western Digital website to see if it works properly for you.

As these are network related errors, I'd strongly suggest updating all of your networking drivers - to include:
  • Wired (Intel 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection)
  • Wireless (Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN)
  • Bluetooth (Personal Area Network)
  • Vodafone Mobile Broadband Network Adapter (ZTE)
  • HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Network Card.
All but one of the memory dumps were STOP 0x9F (the other was a STOP 0x1E blaming the kernel).
Here's the BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\021912-28064-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Sat Feb 18 08:17:39.005 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:21:42.238
Probably caused by : pci.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x9F
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_NETwNs64_IMAGE_pci.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04903a10 fffff800`00b9c518 fffffa80`07618150
- John
My website: http://www.carrona.org/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.