Question

Q: Should I enable ACPI 2.0?

Hi,

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate and on my pc and I happen to have an ASUS P5KPL-AM SE Motherboard.  On the motherboard's BIOS, under power, there is an option called ACPI 2.0 which is set as default to DISABLED.  Should I enable this option or not? Thanks.

Answer

A:

Hi strike91,

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) is an industry standard that defines power management features and other configuration information for computers. Some previous versions of BIOS don't support ACPI, and so the computer might not successfully enter advanced power modes such as sleep or hibernate.

ACPI 2.0 standard is required by windows 7 to operate correctly. ACPI 2.0 allows the operating system greater control of the power management function.

For more information, check the information that came with your computer or go to the computer manufacturer's website.

Warning:

Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS interface is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your computer from starting correctly.

Updating BIOS should only be done if necessary (to solve a compatibility problem, for example). It can be a complicated process, and if an error occurs, your computer could be rendered inoperable. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly.

Hope this helps!

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

9 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 20,648 Last updated: May 23, 2018 Applies to: