Running Windows 7 Ultimate RTM and have a problem with wmpnetwk.exe
I am consistently using 90% of available memory. I have a quad core box with 4GB and and I am running the x64 version. I think this is relating to media sharing with Zune or WMP. I need some help fixing this.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
I can say that i have seen this myself. What i have done is this:
Scroll down to the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service. I have Stopped the Service, then disabled it. This has resolved my issue.
My guess on it is this, once you add music or media to your Library, that is automatically shared with WMP in Win7. So that information is being processed and shared with the WMP Network. What exactly is shared or with whom i do not know. I just know that
doing that has stopped the resource usage and i have no issues running WMP with it off.
I started having this problem after watching some movies on my Hard Drive. I have not deleted the movies or other media from my PC, but the problem has stopped. I did the following:
1. Click on START and in the Search Field type services.msc
2. Scroll down to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and change the status to Stop (this will take a minute)
3. Change the Startup Type to Manual and exit
4. Restart your computer
5. Type services.msc in the Search Field once again
6. Scroll down to Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and change the STARTUP TYPE to AUTOMATIC
Follow the steps above and your problem is resolved :)
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.