Question

Q: Receiving error message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library "R6002 floating point support not loaded", disabling some of the Services.

Original title: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library "R6002 floating point support not loaded" HELP!

I just recently full scanned my computer for malwares using Malwarebytes , found 5 trojan virus and completely disposed all of it.

Also recently my computer was really running slow which is why I used Run> msconfig and disabled some of the Services which starts at Startup but now this Error appears everytime I open Picassa Photo Viewer and some applications and games I have installed
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
R6002 
-Floating Point Support Not Loaded!
Thinking it was because of the disabled services I enabled all of them again but the problem still persists !
What should I do? 

Answer

A:

Hi,

Which services did you try to disable?

Mostly, this error can be caused by two factors:

• Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries are missing.

• Conflict with other software installed on the computer.

Let’s try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

Step 1:

You can try to uninstall Visual C++ Redistributable Package installed from Programs & Features completely and check for the issue.

Step 2:

You may download & install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package according to the version of Windows 7 you are using.

For 32 bit: Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

For 64 bit: Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may try performing a clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Note: After you have finished the troubleshooting, try the steps provided in the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to boot the system in normal start up.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

73 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 59,590 Last updated: July 16, 2018 Applies to: