.Net Framework Initialization Error v2.0.50727 while opening Windows Live Mail and can't install security updates.

Original title: .Net Framework WLM and Windows 7

I have been using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 and am suddenly getting a message that says.Net Framework Initialization Error v2.0.50727. Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .Net Framework.

Also, when my automatic updates installed this morning, several of the updates failed.  The log said "Security  updates for Microsoft .Net Framework 4 on...Windows 7, Server 2008, server 2008 for x64 K132742595. Failed

I tried a clean boot and that didn't help.  I tried booting from the Windows 7 disk. No Help.  

How can I fix this. 

Question Info

Last updated June 19, 2018 Views 1,759 Applies to:

Hi Lynn,

1. Are you able to open other programs installed on the computer and check?

2. Have you made any recent software or hardware changes on the computer?

This issue may occur if the MSI software update registration has become corrupted, or if the .NET Framework installations on the computer has become corrupted.

Let’s try the steps provided in the article and check.

You may try Method 1 to run the Fixit and if the issue persists, try Method 2 to repair manually the .NET Framework installations or reinstall all the NET Framework installations.

Error codes “0x80070643” or “0x643” occur when you install the .NET Framework updates

After repairing the .NET Framework installations, check if you can install the standalone package of the update and open the programs installed on the computer.

Also try installing the other updates.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2  

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Praseetha,

1) Yes, I am able to open all programs installed on the computer including WLM.  
     2)  Yes.  I have installed a program called Spotflux.  No hardware changes.

I attempted the .Net Framework repair procedures.  Method 1 did not help.  When I attempted Method 2, I completed step 2 (Click Start. type uninstall and then click Add or Remove Programs.
I attempted Step 3 (select Repair .Net Framework 4 Client Profile to its original state, ...

At this point I received a message that said:  "An error occurred while trying to uninstall Microsoft ,Net Framework 4 Client Profile.  It may have already been uninstalled.  

Would you like to remove Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Client Profile from the Programs and Features list?"

I clicked "No" and left it the way it was.  Since the .Net Framework 4 Client Profile doesn't seem to be there at all, I thought it useless to go on to the remainder of the troubleshooting process to repair a corrupted file.  

Where do I go from here?
Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for the updates.

As I mentioned in the previous post, the issue may occur if the .NET Framework installations on the computer has become corrupted.

In many cases repairing .NET Framework 4 is sufficient to fix the corruption but in some cases, uninstalling and reinstalling .NET Framework installations is required.

Since you were unable to fix the issue by trying the steps provided in the article, you need to uninstall and reinstall the same.

You may refer to the article and try the steps provided to Download dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip to uninstall the .NET Framework installations and install all the available versions including

NET Framework 4 Client profile

Error codes “0x80070643” or “0x643” occur when you install the .NET Framework updates

Also refer to the link:

.NET Framework Cleanup Tool User's Guide

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.