Mscorsvw.exe using 50 % of my CPU - Windows 7 Home SP1 - 64 bit

Today I downloaded and installed the windows update - Windows 7 SP1 for Windows 7 Home - 64 bit. Ever since it installed I noticed a high cpu usage. Via Task Manager I found out that for some unknown reason Mscorsvw.exe is using 50% of my cpu. I running a Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80557E6700.

How that this be fixed - short of uninstalling Windows 7 SP1?

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Pauliw25,

This article should help to explain what the Mscorsvw.exe process is and how to stop it:

Type 'ngen.exe executequeueditems' in command prompt (click start, type cmd in search and hit enter, then copy and paste that command and press enter to stop the process)

Let us know if this helps resolve your issue!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

[code]
ngen.exe executequeueditems[/code] is not working. I am using Win7pro SP1 32bit swedish verison. 

I think I have waited an hour now, which is way to long; I have read the article that you have given. I updated Windows 7 yesterday. I had 29, At the 14th (NET update) I closed the computer and let it install what it needed. I installed the rest of the update this morning. 

Was it wrong that I cancelled the update and then resumed? 

UPDATE
I solved it by stopping another process that has the same name but doesn't use any cpu

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here two instances of mscorsvw.exe running stopped the one not useing any cpu and viola works ok again

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The reason why ngen is not working in your command prompt is because windows cant find the location of the executable file, which is actually located in .Net installation folder.

A quick way to locate the folder would be to right click the process of the 64bit mscorsvw (the one in task manager without the *32 instance), and choose open file location.

Ensure your cmd prompt is with admin privileges: you can hit cmd in the search bar and then right click on the located command prompt link and choose Run as Administrator.

After which, enter the location of the .Net framework file location (Default it should be  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319, depending on your version number installed)

You will then have no issues running the line "ngen.exe executequeueditems".

Cheers!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Sorry for hijacking this thread but, im having issues launching the ngen.exe executequeueditems command

ive navigated to the c:\windows\Microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319 folder (32bit windows 7)

and it keeps telling me file not found, ive manually checked the folder and ngen is there?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ran the ngen command for both FW & FW64 folders, both commands caused the same output verboses, copied an example line of each output: 

"Compiling assembly  System.Data.Entity ,  Version=4.0.0.0, C
ulture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxx (CLR v4.0.30319) ... " 

and ending after all to a set of 

"Assembly System.Data.Entity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=
xxxxxxxx is up to date."

for every assembly.

Now, both .NET 4.0 x86 and .NET 4.0  x64 are set to automatic and systems boots fine like before.

Thank you all for your replies.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem – OS’d updated May 2012 I am screwed. Brand new laptop with windows 7 Home Prem 32bit. Turn on .. Works ok. Connect to internet and Windows starts to down load updates. Ok... where we go. and now CPU is running 59 to 100% after logon. I have loaded NO programs as yet. Fresh out of box. Here we go again .. *removed* windows OS. Little background. 2007 I purchase a new laptop with Windows Vista, Ran like a dog. Literally had to wait seconds for each key stroke to appear on screen. Travelled overseas and could not use. Dumped the laptop on eBay. Purchased a used 3 year old Toshiba M3 with Windows XP. Life was good , back to normal. Laptop died, 2009 Purchased an NEW Toshiba M9 with all the bells, Duel core, thinking grunt speed would sort out Vista. Wrong. Life was share living **** using it. 2011 purchased a used Acer Mini laptop for travel with XP, stuff all CPU and 1GB ram. NO more freezing go slow Vista. Dumped the expensive faster M9. Life great until the wee thing die. 2012 this week purchased this new Aspire one, 4GB ram and WTF 59 - 100% CPU logon only Microsoft U suck... it’s been 5 yeas of **** using your Non XP OS systems. U Cost me Thousands.. All I want to do is write emails, view the internet, Word and Excel and my account package. How freeken hard is that. Some how I need to figure out how to migrate this new 2012 laptop back to Window XP to make it work. I am sick to death of the time wasted on OS performance issues. OR should I just give up, save thousands and buy a Apple.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

umm i fixed countless of laptops...didnt matter if it were xp or windows 7, all i fixed help boost my pc and laptops all under 20-30secs even if my harddisk left with 1gb space...first thing when buying a laptop or desktop is to format it, clear all the junk things that the manufacturer (acer,dell, etc) installed, and install all the necessary things u need...instead of wasting $$ on buying new laptops, its wise to consult a friend or someone you know that can give u some good help, tips and advice....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It says this command is not recognized internally or externally.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What a crock. It isn't the **** on the pc, it is the microsoft updates. Anybody knows this.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2021 Views 95,710 Applies to: