Lenovo battery "Plugged in, not charging"

Original title:Battery issue

I bough a lenovo laptop two months ago with windows 07 installed and I have already a problem with the battery. The icon constantly shows like the battery is "plugged In not charging". I brought the laptop back to the shop and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the battery and with charger neither. Does anybody know what that can be due?

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2018 Views 182,831 Applies to:
Answer

This is not necessarily a technical fault.

Edit - This link seems to address the issue http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Z560-Battery-80-available-plugged-in-not-charging-Energy/ta-p/309028

Check your PC manual, the Lenovo support site, the Lenovo folders in Start menu All programs & the BIOS for a battery utility.  Several PCs have utilities with names like "Battery life extension" that will only charge the battery when its charge falls below some threshold such as 80%. 

If you search this forum for battery not charging, you'll see several examples of this.  Review the search results for ones concerning Lenovo PCs to get you to a solution more rapidly.

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

323 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.