Windows 7 support has ended

Get Windows 10 to continue receiving support.

Upgrade now

how to boot windows 7 in safe mode

Hello

I  am   unsure  as to    why I  have to  restart the  UPS  in order  to     access  safe mode  on my  computer If  I am not wrong  all  editions  of  Windows  must boot in  safe mode      when  F8 is held down   prior  to normal  start-up  I  am unable to   do  exactly  what  I could  in   Windows  98,98SE&XP Pro in  Windows  7 Ultimate you may ask   Do I  attach   external devices Yes  but   I remove them  before  trying  Safe Mode  Any Solutions I have an assembled  computer  not  branded  Pleasde  Assist  Me

Thank   You

Answer
Answer

Accessing Safe Mode using the F8 function key can be difficult in practice. You should keep tapping the F8 key and not just press the key. An easier way is to access safe mode from normal mode by selecting Start, Control Panel, Run, type msconfig and press the ENTER key. Select the Boot tab and check the box before Safe Boot. Click on Apply and OK.

To revert to Normal mode uncheck the box before Safe Boot. Click on Apply and OK.

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

36 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

When you boot into safe mode the system does not load all installed drivers. It is often used when you have a problem and are seeking to establish the cause. There are a number of variants enabling the user to select some services and not others. If you select safe mode your anti-virus software does not load and you do not have an internet connection. If you want safe mode with an internet connection you select safe mode with networking.

Your friend may just be saying that you do not need safe mode. Most of the time this is true but there are occasions when you do need it. You can get situations where the computer will not boot in normal mode but will boot in safe mode. In that situation safe mode gives access to system tools like Event Viewer and your System Information file which enables you to looks for clues as to the nature of problem preventing the computer from  booting in normal mode.

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

17 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2020 Views 65,541 Applies to: