Hard Drive Score

Hi, I had 2 older hard drives running at 7200rpm in sata raid 0 mode and installed win7 64bit. Score was 5.9.
So i went and bought 2 new hard drives, still seagate but with 32mb cache, 500gb. Firstly i installed win7 on 1 drive and still have a score of 5.9. Then i installed it on both new hard drives using raid 0 mode again and the score was still 5.9.

How do we get a higher score with this thing?????? All else is above 7 on my system but just HD's are lacking....what can i do???

Thanks.....

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 4,728 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Clubbi4,

Have a look at this MSDN blog post concerning WEI ratings:
"Earlier, I made note of the fact that our new levels, 6 and 7, were added to recognize the improved experiences one might have with newer hardware, particularly SSDs, graphics adapters, and multi-core processors. With respect to SSDs, the focus of the newer tests is on random I/O rates and their avoidance of the long latency issues noted above. As a note, the tests don’t specifically check to see if the underlying storage device is an SSD or not. We run them no matter the device type and any device capable of sustaining very high random I/O rates will score well."

Hope that answers your question!

Cody C
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.