Question

Q: fix windows media player, remove error code(cood1199)

Incountered Dummydecoder in my windows cd&dvd player site that is blocking loading and playing where did it come from since I don't use blueray on my system?

Answer

A:

Hi Koolhand,

• Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?
  • Do you have Itunes or Apple related softwares installed on the computer?

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

§ The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.

§ The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is not supported by the Player.

§ Your sound card or sound controller is not configured properly. Try changing the audio output device associated with the Player.

You may access the link below and follow the steps in the article to change the Audio output device and check if it helps you fix the issue. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/webhelp/default.aspx?&id=C00D1199

If you have Itunes or any Apple related software on your comptuer, you may uninstall it and reinstall the software and

check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Hello,

Because this thread was started by another person and because of the threads age, I suggest you follow the link below to start your own thread.

Asking your own question helps the community help you specifically with your issue. Remember to include all the details (your version of windows, specs of your system, any error codes etc...) that you can when you start your own thread.

New Thread Link Here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4,125 Last updated: March 15, 2018 Applies to: