Failed to connect to a windows service....

When I turn my computer on then log into my user account with password the following happenes:

1:  A yellow lock symbol pops up in the task bar.

2:  A caution triangle w/ ! inside, tool symbol and a X to the right followed by a message reading;

Failed to connect to a window service.  Windows could not connect to the Group Policy Client Service. 

This problem prevents standard users from logging onto the system. 

As an administrative user you can review System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond.

Here is what I did so far..... Looked into this Event Log and didn't know what I was looking at therefore I did nothing with it I am also not sure how

I even got into this log.  I called my Advanced Tech Support people, they found problems and fixed those however I still have this windows problem.

I have other users and do not want to take them off of standard user.  I never had this problem before the new windows came out. 

While I was out my son could not get into his user account, he knew my password so he went ahead and got into windows that way. 

I don't know what he did and neither does he however I have been trying to get this fixed since November 05, 2012 at 10:00 pm. EST.

I am hoping you can help, even if it is to tell me to go and contact my Tech Support again.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Chere` E. Rupp

Loyal customer.

Answer
Answer
I checked the event log and there were no errors with eventID of 7000 or 7009.

41 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2024 Views 107,533 Applies to: